Dear all

Building work has begun on the Britten-Pears Foundation new archive centre which is to house the archives of Suffolk composer Benjamin Britten. You can follow progress on the building work as well as plans to celebrate Britten’s centenary in 2013 on the blog on our website http://www.brittenpears.org

I would like to remind colleagues and readers that our current reading room will close in 7 weeks time at the end of March. We look forward to welcoming readers to our enhanced facilities in June 2013. During the closure period, we will still operate our enquiries service ([log in to unmask]) and provide as much of a ‘long distance’ service as possible.

Best wishes

Judith Ratcliffe

Archivist
Britten–Pears Foundation
Telephone 01728 451700
www.brittenpears.org
A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (number 2071223). Registered office: The Red House, Golf Lane, Aldeburgh, Suffolk, IP15 5PZ. Registered as a charity (number 295595).

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not represent those of the Britten-Pears Foundation. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. The content of this e-mail or any attachment may contain software viruses, which could damage your own computer. While The Britten-Pears Foundation has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of a computer virus. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening this e-mail or attachments.