                         LASR 2012
        New Statistics and Modern Natural Sciences
             Leeds, UK    3rd - 5th July 2012

                  Extension of Deadline

In order to widen the field of presentations at our LASR conference,
we have decided to extend the deadline for submission of contributions
to our LASR 2012 workshop.   While the main focus of the conference
will be on the areas of bioinformatics and climate change, we wish to
also cover other areas of statistics; thus, further contributions both
from all areas of statistics would be most welcome.

The extended deadline for abstract submission is 24th February 2012.

We are inviting abstracts from anyone wishing to give a contributed
presentation at the Leeds Annual Statistical Research (LASR) workshop
2012.  Abstracts should be one or two paragraphs in length, outlining
the work that you would like to present.  Please indicate whether you
would prefer to present your work as a short talk or as a poster
presentation.

We are pleased to announce that the following leading scientists have
confirmed to give invited presentations:

   Fred Bookstein (Universities of Vienna and Washington)
   Gerard Bricogne (Global Phasing Limited)
   Peter Challenor (National Oceanography Centre, Southampton)
   Zoubin Ghahramani (University of Cambridge)
   Walter Gilks (University of Leeds, Rothamsted Research)
   Thomas Hamelryck (University of Copenhagen)
   John Haslett (Trinity College Dublin)
   Alan Haywood (University of Leeds)
   John Kent (University of Leeds)
   Kanti Mardia (University of Leeds)
   Darren Wilkinson (Newcastle University)

More speakers are expected to confirm presentations shortly.

Also, during the workshop, we will launch the edited volume "Bayesian
Methods in Structural Bioinformatics", editors Thomas Hamelryck, Kanti
Mardia, Jesper Ferkinghoff-Borg, to be published by Springer.

For more details, please see the workshop web site

 http://www1.maths.leeds.ac.uk/statistics/workshop/lasr2012/

Best wishes,
Kanti Mardia, Arief Gusnanto, Jochen Voss
--
Department of Statistics, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT
http://www1.maths.leeds.ac.uk/statistics/workshop/lasr2012/

SIGNOFF allstat