From: HE Administrators equal opportunities list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mooney, Darren
Sent: 22 February 2012 09:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: PINK BRICK: LGBT Histories of the University of Liverpool Launches today

Hi Mary

I'm glad you have found it interesting. There was an awful lot of information we have gone through, and still and awful lot we haven't looked at. It is particularly true of the staff side. They type of easily accessible / archives records just aren't the same as a SU and I have had to concentrate on research publications and the occasional policy development (most of which is fairly recent).

I was hoping that our trade unions would have had information to contribute but unfortunately nothing was fed back. If there is anything on the UCU end where you know Liverpool UCU or members has been involved in LGBT campaign work please let me know. This could anything such as Liverpool staff elected onto UCU LGBT committee. I am happy to add it to our evidence and potentially the time line.

In terms of the staff records and disclosure, I think with HESA going to include this as an optional question to feed back on, and those institutions in Stonewall probably already recording this data set will start to be more complete. Though this is long term, our disclosure is only up to 28% for all staff groups on SO. If there is anything UCU is ding to explain why it is important to disclose etc please let me know and I am happy to distribute through our forums.

FYI the email of our staff LGBT group is [log in to unmask]

Regards

Darren