-----Original Message-----
From: HE Administrators equal opportunities list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lesley Gyford
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 9:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Food for Diabetics

Hello all

Could you help with this query?  Are we legally obliged to provide food
for staff and students in the catering outlets suitable for people with
disabilities - i.e. gluten free, diabetic etc.  Obviously, it makes
sense that we should provide catering suitable for as many people as
possible - but sometimes the numbers are so small that it would not make
it commercially viable.

Lesley

Lesley Gyford, MSc Chartered MCIPD
Head of Equality and Diversity
University of Derby
Tel: 01332 591433

"Better Together" - Help us to make the University a better place to
work and study.  Take part in our web based consultation at
http://www.derby.ac.uk/equalopps/consultation

The University of Derby has a published policy regarding email and
reserves the right to monitor email traffic. If you believe this email
was sent to you in error, please notify the sender and delete this
email. Please direct any concerns to [log in to unmask]