Agree with Jonathan – I can’t get sums to add up either in terms of cash, delivery or quality

dj

From: Clinical biochemistry discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jonathan Kay
Sent: 27 February 2012 12:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Urgent Lab in ED

Thanks.

If there is a laboratory with a larger repertoire available 24 x 7 the equipment I would put in the ED is:

* Blood gas analyser with extended repertoire

* Blood glucose analysers

* Urine strip reader with HCG assay

* Just possibly troponin analysers, but depends on the analytical sensitivity needed by your decision rules

* Air tube station

What are the perceived benefits to set against the additional staff, equipment and consumable costs of having more in the ED?

Jonathan