I have been following a group that has been trying to save the Abbey of Thelema and the last that I heard was that the owner wanted a lot of money for the property which has fallen into such a state of disrepair that the building should probably be condemned so I will be interested to find out if this new effort makes any progress. It would be great if someone could post something here about what they are planning.

David

Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 09:12:13 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Occult London Suggestions
To: [log in to unmask]

On 20/02/2012 08:33, Caroline Tully wrote:

Looking forward to that -
just heard there's a one day conf on 8th april at treadwells -
from Greek org trying to save Abbey of Thelema
- may well be talking there, perhaps on Sexual Magick & Egypt
mogg

Hello List Members...

I’m coming to London (and Oxford) in late April / early May this year in order to do research in the British and Ashmolean Museums. I’m wondering what resources I can use to find out what other interesting things there are for an Australian occultist to do in London - and Oxford? I’m already booked into Frater Achad’s ‘Rite of Isis’ at Treadwells on the 26 April. I will be in London from 21 to 28 April, then Oxford from 29 April to 4 May, and back in London on 5 and 6 May. (Those are reasonably flexible dates).  I’ve already spoken to Mogg and to Yvonne Aburrow, both Oxford Pagans. But I’m interested to hear what kind of things I can / should attend in my brief time in London-Oxford? I know about occult shops, they are easy to find, is there anything else scintillating that I should make an effort to do? Any Pagan Meet-Ups to go to? That sort of thing? I know there are a million things to do that I could spend all my waking hours on, just museum-wise... but what else should I do. (Hope this isn’t too off topic for the list?)

Thanks,

from

Caroline Tully.

PhD Candidate