Greetings!

>My thesis goes two ways ? the influence on these writers *from*
>occulture and esotericism and inversely, the appropriation of these
>works *in* esoteric work. Does any of you know of esoteric
>practitioners actively using the work of e.g. Miéville or Gaiman as
>inspiration or even expositions of esoteric knowledge? And on the other
>hand, do you know of any links between Gaiman and Miéville in
>particular and esoteric/occultural groups and individuals? Do they cite
>any esoteric material as inspiration? Any pointers to studies, popular
>articles or persons I could interview would be very helpful.

I seem to remember that the eight pointed star, which was adopted as a
organisational lamen by the chaos magic group the IOT, was consciously
copied from the shield of a "Lord of Chaos" from a comic. I quite forget
which, 2000AD possibly.

My best wishes

Ben
--

Ben Fernee
Caduceus Books

Private premises, visitors welcome by appointment

Telephone 01455 250542 (+44 1455 250542 from abroad)
Fax       0872 115 6287 (+44 872 115 6287 from abroad)
Skype     ben.fernee.caduceus

Web page:-  http://www.caduceusbooks.com