Lil

There is some anthropological research on this -
i thought the moulid referred to the local muslim saint's birthday -
moulid al nabi

Elizabeth Wickert, (2009) “Archaeological Memory the Leitmotifs of Ancient Egyptian Festival Tradition and Cultural Legacy in the Festival Tradition of Luxor: the mulid of Sidi Abu’l Hajjaj al-Uqsori and the Ancient ‘Feast of Opet’” JARCE 45

although everyone i spoke to viewed it as the birthday of the prophet -
many of the activities have been shuffled off to the edge of town
- do you have anoth thoughts on this?
-
mogg