Dear colleague, with apologies for cross-postings.

We are delighted to invite you to a one day conference: 'Reforming Young People's Priorities?' The conference will take place on Tuesday 27th March at the University of York.

The University of York is hosting a one day conference directed at both academics and practitioners who hold an interest in the current issues young people face. At a time when significant cut backs and restructuring of services are starting to take hold, it is vital that a space is provided for reflection.  The conference will provide a welcomed space whereby individuals can come together and voice their feelings, concerns and ideas for moving forward in an environment that might seem uncertain and fragile. It will also provide the impetus to re-evaluate our work with young people, the policy frameworks we have worked within, and how we anticipate the future might look.

A number of themed workshops focusing specific areas of work with young people will run throughout the day. Themes covered include:

     •  Teenage Pregnancy
     •  Young Offenders
     •  Youth Work
     •  Youth Homelessness

                                    Guest speakers:

           Professor Robert MacDonald (University of Teesside)
           Pete Dwyer (City of York Council)
           Tom Wylie (Former head of the National Youth Agency)

The conference will be chaired by Tony Jeffs (Durham University)

The conference is being promoted as a free event with lunch provided. Places are limited and will be booked on a first-come first-served basis.

Please see the attached invitation and our website http://www.york.ac.uk/spsw/reforming-young-peoples-priorities/  for further information and  booking procedures.

With best wishes

Aniela

Aniela Wenham
Teaching Fellow
Acting Director of the 'Children and Young People's' Pathway
Room ATB: 257
Department of Social Policy & Social Work
University of York
York
United Kingdom
YO10 5DD