Hello all,

A very happy new year!

We’ve just kicked off our posts for the year over on the Comics Forum blog (http://comicsforum.org) with a  piece by Simon Locke entitled ‘Constructing a sociology of comics’. This is the first of two pieces on sociological approaches to comics; the second will be a response to Simon’s article from Casey Brienza; that’s coming up next week. As always, comments are very welcome.

I’m also delighted to announce the first of our new columns for the year, which will be written by a team from the online journal Image & Narrative (http://www.imageandnarrative.be/). Charlotte Pylyser, Steven Sudiacourt and Greice Schneider will co-author this monthly series, which will start in February. Watch this space for announcements on our other new columns.

If you want to keep up with all the developments on the site you can subscribe to receive all our articles direct to your inbox by filling in the box in the right hand column, or you can sign up to our feed by clicking the orange box on the top right of the grey section of the site.

Best wishes,

Ian

Ian Hague

Director, Comics Forum