Hi,
The specification I came up with is for both GridMon and PerfSonar is below.
My logic was to have a reasonably spec'd device which would meet any of the monitoring requirements that we may have to support over the coming 3 - 5 years.
The device can support a 10 Gigabit interface if required.

However, there is a cheaper solution to this which is the Dell R610 for PerfSonar.
The device is approximately £300 cheaper than the R410 below. It too can support a 10 Gigabit interface.
It is theoretically possible that this device could also be used as the Gridmon client as well.

Therefore, could we have a quick discussion on which device we wish to buy as we should have a standardised model across the UK for these devices.

Regards,
Mark

PowerEdge R410 Rack Chassis for Up to 4x 3.5" Cabled HDDs and Intel
55xx/56xx Processors, Quad-Pack LED Diagnostics
Intel Xeon E5620 Processor (2.40GHz, 4C, 12M Cache, 5.86 GT/s QPI, 80W
TDP, Turbo, HT), DDR3-1066MHz
1 No Bezel Option - Rack Chassis
1 16GB Memory for 2CPU (4x4GB Dual Rank RDIMMs) 1333MHz
1 Additional Intel Xeon E5620 Processor (2.40GHz, 4C, 12M Cache, 5.86
GT/s QPI, 80W TDP,
Turbo, HT) 3 250GB SATA 7.2k 3.5" HD Cabled
1 No Optical Drive
1 Redundant Power Supply (2 PSU) 500W
2 2M Rack Power Cord C13/C14 12A 1 iDRAC6 Enterrpise
1 Sliding Ready Rack Rails
1 C1 Cabled MST No RAID with On-board SATA Controller, Min. 1 Max. 4
SATA Only Cabled
Drives
Software
1 PE R410 Electronic System Documentation and OpenManage DVD
Service
1 Base Warranty 1 3Yr Basic Warranty - Next Business Day - Minimum
Warranty 1 3Yr ProSupport and Next Business Day On-Site Service

Mark Mitchell,
ScotGrid Technical Co-ordinator,
Rm 481,
Kelvin Building,