On 10/01/12 21:30, John Gordon wrote:
> WLCG would still like to remove LCG-CE from the availability
> calculation. If anyone still has problems with CREAM running on Grid
> Engine (or anything else) please be prepared to express during the GDB
> tomorrow (Wednesday), or at least tell me before lunchtime.
>
> If there are no objections (from anyone, not just you lot) then the
> opportunity will be taken to use the CREAM only availability calculation
> for January, thus keeping 2012 consistent.

I still have problems, but on balance don't actually object to this
proposal. Firstly, SL4 support ends next month anyway[1], and secondly,
cream is just about working well enough for the WLCG VOs.

The problems we have had are twofold. Firstly, under load, CREAM didn't
seem to keep up - though it's better now with various tuning tricks.

Secondly, t2k jobs coming in via a cream CE caused our queues to enter
an error state. I suspect this is t2k exploring the parts of our
middleware other VOs don't reach. As an interim measure, I enabled t2k
only on our LCG-CE. I wasn't able to replicate the problem in the small
amount of time I've had to look at it, so disabled that queue.

Chris
[1] http://www.scientificlinux.org/distributions