I'm not seeing why your concerned. Your answering two different questions:

In the one-sample, your evaluating if the responses are greater than 0 across the group.

In the paired t-test you are evaluating if the response of the pre-test is greater than the post-test. Because this is a within-subject analysis, it will have more power than the one-sample test as the analysis does not care if the pre-test is significantly different than 0, only that there is a significant change.

Best Regards, Donald McLaren
D.G. McLaren, Ph.D.
Harvard Medical School
Office: (773) 406-2464