Dear Jerome,

I think that depends on the kind of the analysis and the kind of
scanners. For instance I wouldn't put scalp maps from CTF axial
gradiometers and Neuromag magnetometers in the same scalp-level
analysis but I think it's OK to put MSP source images from different
scanners together because they are normalized. Also as done in fMRI
you might model the effect of scanner by a separate regressor and also
not assume equal variance for different subjects.

Best,

Vladimir