Hello everyone,

in a recent paper by Kober et al. I read the following:

“After preprocessing, we extracted the global time course from white matter in each volume, and removed “spikes” (e.g., volumes in which the global time course was above or below 3 SD from the mean, after accounting for low-frequency drifts).”

How would I best go about doing the same? I think I could extract the global time course from white matter using the toolbox “Volumes” with a mask for white matter that I got from the segmentation process for each participant. Is this correct?

But how would I then account for low-frequency drifts?

I would be grateful for advice.

Best,
Vera

Vera Ludwig, M.Sc.
Forschungsbereich Mind and Brain
Klinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie
Charité– Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Charitéplatz 1
D-10117 Berlin

Telefon.: +49 / 30 / 450 517235