I have two questions in regards to the SPM PET template:

1. What are the basic demographics (ages, gender, handedness,..) of the "healthy" subjects used in building the PET template provided in SPM2. I assume this template is identical to the template provided in SPM8 with the info provided below, but I still could not find the ages or gender of these numbered subjects. I am assuming they are all healthy controls?

2. What are the physical units of the data "uint8" content in PET.img, is there any scaling factor (CBF?)

Thanks, Khader

templates/PET.nii
% -----------------
% Average of images from 12 subjects spatially normalised to  ICBM.
% Images  were  first  registered to the T1-weighted MR images, and
% spatially transformed using the same transformation.  Images were
% acquired  on  a  Siemens  ECAT  HR+  at  the FIL, using Oxygen-15
% labelled water. Averaged images smoothed using 8mm FWHM  Gaussian.
% Subject numbers: 617 622 627 630 639 662 817 824 825 826 827 828.

Khader M Hasan, PhD
Associate Professor of Radiology
MSE 168, Tel 713 500 7690 (FAX 713 500 7684)
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Medical School
Diagnostic and Interventional Imaging
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Research Division
Diffusion Tensor Imaging Lab,  Tel 713 500 7683
http://www.uth.tmc.edu/radiology/faculty/khader-m-hasan/index.html<http://www.uth.tmc.edu/radiology/faculty/hasan.html>