Thank you very much for your quick answer.

I already thought that SPM should write new files, but i couldn't find
any. There were none in the current Matlab directory, and there was no
option in "Create Inverse Warped" to specify an output directory.

Could you give me more information on warping back to original space or
point me to a source with more information on that topic?

Best regards
Robert Lech