Dear SPMers,

after checking a few subjects in my latest data set, I found that the global mean of an EPI time series (computed with spm_global) changes significantly after spatial preprocessing (i.e. plain realignment). Attached is an example: While slice timing changes the time series only very subtly, both realignment and realign&unwarp change the pattern significantly (i.e. they alleviate some of the spiking ripples, while introducing others at different time points.) Any comments or explanations for this are greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Jan