I can't quite figure out what you did, so it's difficult to say
anything about what you may (or may not) have done wrong.  How did you
normalise?  What sort of data did you use?  What do you mean when you
say "the T1 image was shifted relative to the template image"?  You
say that "part of frontal lobe was missing",  but was it missing
because it fell outside the FOV of the image, or was it inside the FOV
but set to zero?

Best regards,
-John