Apologies for any cross posting

We are delighted to announce that our key note speaker at this year’s
Vitae SWW Hub Annual Conference, to be held at the Wales Millennium
Centre, Cardiff  on Wednesday 29 February is Bill Rammell , Deputy VC of
Plymouth University, responsible for the student experience and
internationalisation (see biography below.)  Bill will be talking
primarily about the experience of international PGRs in the UK.

We will also be offering workshops on:

De-mystifying Impact
Employer Engagement
Engaging Academics in Training programmes
RDF ( Researcher Development Framework) update
Information and Digital Literacy
Internships
and more.

 It is also a great opportunity for you to meet colleagues (old and new)
and gives you a chance to reflect on your practice and be inspired by
others’.

What you said last year
‘The standard was far above average for most conferences in terms of
information and networking opportunities
‘I gained some very useful contacts and some valuable information’

Book your FREE place now on www.vitae.ac.uk/swwhubgp2012

Best wishes

Anne

Bill Rammell is a French graduate from Cardiff University. He built a
successful career in public sector management and between 1987 and 1997
was Head of Youth Services with Basildon Council, General Manager of Kings
College London Students' Union, and General Manager of the University of
London Union. Bill was elected as the Member of Parliament for Harlow in
1997, and spent eight years serving in Government as Minister of State at
the Foreign Office, where he was responsible for relations with North and
South East Asia and the Middle East, Minister of State for the Armed
Forces, and Minister of State for Further and Higher Education. In the
latter role Bill was responsible  leading the Prime Minister’s Initiative
for the globalisation of higher education. Bill was appointed as Deputy
Vice-Chancellor at Plymouth University in February 2011, responsible for
the student experience and internationalisation.

Anne Goodman
Hub Manager
Vitae SWW Hub
Graduate Schools Office
Cardiff University
60 Park Place
Cardiff
CF10 3AU
Tel: 029 20 879179
Please note my normal working hours are Mon - Thurs 9.00-16.00