From [log in to unmask]

David Bordwell has asked me to circulate this query. Does anyone on the
network know of research into the history of the three-act structure?
David has found no references to it as a principle of construction
earlier than the mid-1970s. (Unpublished memos he's seen sometimes refer
to the "first act" or the "last act" but not to the idea of three acts.)
He would be grateful for any ideas or information. Please write to David
directly at [log in to unmask], as he has had no luck getting onto this
listserv. Thanks!

And thank you.

db

On 12/30/2011 8:04 AM, Line Langebek wrote:
> Hello all
>
> Season's greetings and all best for 2012!
>
> Many of you might be reading Indiewire's articles anyway, but for those that don't - or who might've missed this one, I thought this particular article might be of interest to the network:
>
> http://blogs.indiewire.com/tedhope/academic-cinema-merging-theory-with-practice?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Ted%20Hope&utm_content=#
>
> All best
> Line
>
> Line [Lena] Langebek