Protecting our digital future » System migrations to archives (a research paper from the digital archives team)

This research paper discusses three problems with using the term transfer to describe the processes that precede ingest into the digital archives and recommends instead the adoption of a project-based, system migration approach.

N.B. This research paper explores conceptual issues relating to State Records NSW’s digital archives project. It is not intended that this research paper should provide practical guidance to NSW government public offices. Guidelines to assist public offices with the management of their digital archives are being developed and will be released for comment in the first half of 2012.

http://bit.ly/x5CKS2

Source: http://futureproof.records.nsw.gov.au/system-migrations-to-archives-a-research-paper-from-the-digital-archives-team/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+drims+(Future+Proof)
See if people are clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/x5CKS2+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web: http://bitly.com/pages/sidebar

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA