Dear All

Applications are open for the 2012 round of the British Science Association's Media Fellowships- a fantastic opportunity for researchers to spend the summer working for media hosts such as the BBC, Guardian and Nature to gain world-class communication skills and confidence working with the media.

Open to researchers from any discipline, at PhD level and above, it would be great if list members could help spread the word through newsletters, websites, emails or tweets to anyone you think suitable.

We have a flyer at www.britishscienceassociation.org\forms\scicomm\mediafellows\download\MediaFellowshipFlyer.pdf<http://www.britishscienceassociation.org\forms\scicomm\mediafellows\download\MediaFellowshipFlyer.pdf>
Any help very greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best wishes
Amy

Be behind the headlines!

Scientists, social scientists, engineers and clinicians can experience life in the heart of the newsroom by applying for a British Science Association 2012 Media Fellowship<http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/mediafellows>.

Spend 3-8 weeks this summer working with hosts including the BBC, Guardian and Nature to produce accurate, well-informed news about developments in science, and work alongside the UK's top science editors in the British Science Festival<http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/web/BritishScienceFestival/index.htm> Press Centre.

Return to work with media confidence, contacts, and first-class communication skills.

"My greater understanding of how the press works means I will now be able to pitch my research in a more accessible way to journalists so we both get the story we want." Media Fellow

Apply online from 16 January - 11 March 2012

For eligibility criteria, experiences from past Media Fellows, and application form go to www.britishscienceassociation.org/mediafellows<http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/mediafellows>

@MediaFellows

Amy Lothian
Science in Society Officer
British Science Association
Wellcome Wolfson Building
165 Queen's Gate
London SW7 5HD
T: +44 (0)20 7019 4938
F: +44 (0) 20 7581 6587
Website: http://www.britishscienceassociation.org<http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/>
Twitter: @SciCommConf<http://www.twitter.com/scicommconf> @thexchangeteam @MediaFellows

Researchers! Find out more about opportunities in public engagement by signing up for the 'Scientist in Society' e-lert!<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Registered charity with the Charity Commission, no: 212479 and SCO39236