'fragmented, incoherent writing, or by its being completely off-topic.'
sounds like me! and Robin being cracked I long suspected :-)

Uche thanks -seems these virus jobbies get more tricky all the time

-----Original Message-----
From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Uche Ogbuji
Sent: 21 January 2012 17:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: 4th update

Patrick, the spam e-mail from Robin's cracked account was clearly malware,
but it's not always as easy to tell. This one from Walter is legit. You can
often tell malware by fragmented, incoherent writing, or by its being
completely off-topic. This message from Walter looked clear and germane, if
a bit telegraphic (he probably should have been more explicit about just
what his life-long work is, to remove any doubt).

Ultimately your best bet is to use a Web browser that will warn you when you
have clicked on Malware. Google Chrome and I think Firefox have this
feature. I do not think Internet Explorer does. There are sites to check a
URL one by one, but unfortunately they're rather cumbersome to use.

--Uche

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Weblog: http://copia.ogbuji.net