Reading the Steve Jobs biography, over the holidays, I was struck by the basic nature of the design insights that one might glean. It seems to me that one could learn much more in an average first year design course. Of course there could be a huge amount of secret material that one would need to attend the Apple University to find out about.

Which brings me to my main point. Joel Podolny, former Dean of the Yale School of Management, has put together a series of case studies "analyzing important decisions the company made" (p. 461, Steve Jobs, by Walter Isaacson).  I presume one has to be employed by Apple to get access to this collection.

There are lots of web links to comments about this material and there are a few stories, most of which get into the biography.

Does any one know of a substantial collection that is publicly available?

cheers

keith russell
Newcastle OZ