I agree Carr, in general treatment services are old fashioned and infantilise employees. I work in a theatre, however, and actors in particular can need assessment/treatment very quickly so they can get back on stage! Ditto backstage crew.

I wonder what other organisations provide similar, and whether they are needed? Interesting debate.

Lucy

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carr Barnes
Sent: 23 January 2012 15:06
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Medication.

Why oh why would you provide a treatment service? Images of cultivating an "nurse validated illness" culture are popping into my head. This will take up so much OH time, will creat confusion about role with very little value and people will stop making decisions for themselves cos they can go to the nurse and that must mean aswell they are really really ill!" Would a paracetamol dispenser in the staff areas and patient.co.uk leaflets around the place not be better,

If a treatment service is a valid need (GP surgeries. NHS walk in clinics, pharmacies and shops being absolute miles away and inaccessible) then get a treatment/practice nurse in so many hours a morning so there is a clear division of roles and when the treatment service is shut it is shut!

:)