Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Medication. This is an example of “entrerpeurism” within OH practice but I would not count it as a treatment service – I am sure that it is a  pro-active travel health service.

Anne

On 23/01/2012 15:31, "McKeown Matthew" <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]> wrote:

We are nurse led and offer a travel health service to the public. This something our pharmacy have advised us to do.

Matt

Matthew Mckeown PgDip OH RN
Deputy Head Occupational Health

St Mary's Hospital IW.
[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Tel: 01983 822099
Ext 4209

From: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carr Barnes
Sent: 23 January 2012 15:29
To: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Medication.

I certainly agree Lucy that in some situations a treatment service is warranted but I disagree that it should come under the OH remit in the majority of circumstances for a few reasons - competentcy and scope of practice, cost benefit, boundaries, barrier to completing OH work etc to name but a few!