Hi Nancy

does he have an ordinary licence and does neuro state its ok for him
to drive see link this may help - i always go by functioning and in
this case is it relapse and remitting ??

sorry i am vague however given the situation is unpredictable with
the information in your post i would be guarded at this stage until i
knew more about what was going on see the attached link its worth
phoning the MS society they may be able to help you - the risk he
would have would mainly be to himself unless he works with others if
so can they not do the forklift duties or have someone assigned to them

i would do a medical anyway to assess findings from screening and
take it from there

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/ms-support/practical-and-financial-help/
driving-and-dvla

steph nicoll

On 5 Jan 2012, at 21:08, Nancy Caruana wrote:

> Hi All
> How often would you recommend forklift driver medicals or health
> surveillance should be carried out? As far as I know it's every
> five years unless a change in the medical condition of a driver
> alters in any way. I have encountered a case where a driver was
> diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis which is now unfortunately
> progressing at a faster rate than at the begining of the illness.
> He is a storekeeper and drives fork lift truck only in store room.
> Your suggestions would be appreciated.
> Nancy Caruana
> ******************************** Please remove this footer before
> replying.