From: Paul Chandler <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [M-R] Internet group for a class
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sunday, January 29, 2012, 11:20 PM

I'm teaching a seminar this semester on Julian of Norwich, and as it's not-for-credit I'd like to try to ensure some regular attention from the students by having them share a few paragraphs each week on their reading, etc. A little internet group would seem ideal. I don't have access any more to Blackboard or the like. Does anyone have a recommendation on the best way to do this?

I thought of a Google group, which is easy to set up and run, but I notice that none of these students uses a gmail address, so it would mean having to get them all to set up Google accounts, which they may not like. Nearly all of them would use Facebook, I suppose. Is it possible to set up a closed Facebook group for such a purpose? Any other suggestions or experiences?

I haven't tried this before so I'll be most grateful for any help.

Also if anyone can recommend articles on Julian and her context in English that they've found especially good for undergraduate use I'd appreciate a heads-up either on- or off-list. -- Paul

--
Paul Chandler, O.Carm.
Holy Spirit Seminary  |  PO Box 18 (487 Earnshaw Road)  |  Banyo Qld 4014  |  Australia