I very highly recommend Buffalo. Among several fascinating attractions, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery (www.albrightknox.org/) is superb. Among their medieval holdings one can find a good collection of Dürer prints, several fine manuscript leaves, some stained glass, a lovely 'eucharistic dove', paintings by Giovanni del Biondo, a twelfth-century Mosan crucifix, a Luca della Robbia, and a beautiful Madonna and Child by Giovanni di Francesco Toscani.

George
--
George FERZOCO

On 26 Jan 2012, at 18:53, Genevra Kornbluth wrote:

> On 1/26/2012 11:11 AM, Marjorie Greene wrote:
>> " Well, I've never been to Buffalo...."
>>
>> Lucky you! ;-)))
>> MG
> Actually, I've purposely avoided the place ever since I saw news pictures of firemen trying to put out a fire while the water from their hoses was freezing thickly on the burning house. But surely it must be OK in the summer, right?
> Genevra

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]