From: "Cormack, Margaret Jean" <[log in to unmask]>

> I never have this problem with the list - perhaps because I only post by
replying to another  message (and changing the  subject). This does not
require me to confirm my message.

?

since the New Regime was Instituted, i have always replied to an existing
string, and have always had to "confirm" my massage.

takes less than 3 seconds to do so.

delays the massage being sent to the list by another second, perhaps.

"changing the subject" in a post sent under the rubric of a given string in
the Subject line means that the post with the new subject will not appear in
the list's archives under that new Subject.

subjects do change ("evolve" for you Darwinians) over time, sometimes to the
extent that additions to the discussion do call for a change in the Subject
field, but arbitrarily changing the subject in a post from that which is given
in the Subject field should be avoided In Principle, it seems to me.

>I don't mind being on Facebook,

i *do*

FaceBook, LinkedIn, et all, have about turned me into a Confirmed Luddite, in
my Golden Years.

>I already am, but  I do hope it does not supplant the list, which comes
straight to my  email, without the necessity of logging on to a special site
and keeping track of what is going on there.

seconded.

Bad Idea.

totallement Sine Neccesitate.

to: [log in to unmask]