On 19/01/2012 20:53, George FERZOCO wrote:

> As a crutch and aid to me as I'm doing this pro bono work on that Home Counties' parish church's folio: I would be pleased to know of an English translation of the Sarum breviary's readings for the feasts of
>
> - Thomas the Apostle
> - Fabian and Sebastian
> - The Conversion of Paul
>
> Does such a thing exist?

"Not really" is probably the safest answer. Are you checking the text
against Procter & Wordsworth Vol. 3? How do the lessons differ from
those of the Roman Breviary? There is a better chance of finding an
English translation of the Roman Breviary (e.g. The Anglican Breviary.)

(There is a Victorian translation entitled "The Breviary of the Renowned
Church of Salisbury" (1889), but it doesn't seem to have been widely
distributed.)

John Briggs

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]