From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Mia
Sent: 26 January 2012 19:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: text size vs zoom

I'm jumping in late with a response to 'why offer functionality on the
site that's available in the browser', but it's worth noting some
research that says the vast majority of people never change the
default settings in software: "Less than 5% of the users we surveyed
had changed any settings at all. More than 95% had kept the settings
in the exact configuration that the program installed in."  Source:
http://www.uie.com/brainsparks/2011/09/14/do-users-change-their-settings/

I can't find a source for whether people with low vision are more
likely to know how to change defaults, but anecdotally I know a few
people who struggle with common text sizes but didn't know they could
change their browser to make it bigger.

Cheers, Mia

http://openobjects.org.uk/
http://twitter.com/mia_out