From: Museums Computer Group <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu Jan 26 17:17:00 2012
Subject: Re: text size vs zoom

You know, I have benefited a lot from this discussion. I've learned a lot about something I never knew I had to learn about! I've made some small changes to the CSS file for http://dartmouthmuseum.org/ (copied and pasted it this time!), and I am now measuring fonts in em not px, though some other items I have left in px since they are not font based, and I've dumped italics for the links in the body of the text and changed their colour to make them more obvious.

That;s the great thing about groups like this. Folk are never too busy to let someone know when they have missed their way, and the guidance here is easy to follow.

I don't claim by any means that the site is perfect now. It isn't! But it's better. And that has to be good.

So to all who've helped me, directly or indirectly, thank you. And thank you to the original poster for asking the question. Have any of us answered it?

Tim Trent - Consultant
Tel: +44 (0)7710 126618
web: ComplianceAndPrivacy.com - where busy executives go to find the news first

Important: This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. This email and any attachment(s) are believed to be virus-free, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to make all the necessary virus checks. This email and any attachments to it are copyright of Meadowood Associates, owners of Compliance And Privacy, unless otherwise stated. Their copying, transmission, reproduction in whole or in part may only be undertaken with the express permission, in writing, of Meadowood Associates, at 16 Coombe Road, Dartmouth, Devon, United Kingdom TQ6 9PQ

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg

Royal Household Legal Disclaimer - This message and any attachments should only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed and be used by them for its intended purpose. The Royal Household cannot accept liability for statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not made on behalf of the Royal Household. Replies to this email address may be subject to interception or monitoring for operational reasons or for lawful business purposes.

Security System.

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg