From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kate Woodall
Sent: 12 January 2012 01:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Storing and re-using UGC.

Dear all

I work at Te Papa Tongarewa, the national museum of New Zealand and am keen to get some feed back about some ideas we are having here.

Across Te Papa we are slowly getting interested in UGC and co-creation for different exhibitions, and I'm keen for all of that material to be deposited within one large database. My, probably naïve, thinking being that this database can then be mined from onsite as well as online and be used to  'pull' out user generated content for the exhibitions, dialogues, school programmes, event etc beyond the purpose that people originally created the material for.

We would (as we do mostly now) make sure upfront that people are aware how their material could potentially be used.

Does any of this make sense?! And even sound vaguely sensible? Is anyone anywhere else collecting UGC material and reusing it?

Kate Woodall | Snr Concept Developer Digital Projects
Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa |
PO Box 467 | Cable Street | Wellington
Direct Dial: +64 4 3817079

Visit the Te Papa website http://www.tepapa.govt.nz
The email message together with the accompanying attachments may be
CONFIDENTIAL. If you have received this message in error, please notify
[log in to unmask] immediately and delete the original message. The
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
except where the sender specifically states them to be views of Te Papa.
Te Papa employs strict virus checking measures and accepts no liability
for any loss caused either directly or indirectly by a virus arising
from the use of this message or any attached file.

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg