Dear All,

Connect10 (http://bit.ly/zO7fcK <http://bit.ly/zO7fcK> ) is an exciting new competition for arts and heritage venues to win one of ten adventurous contemporary artists and a share of £7000 for a Museums at Night event.

Look for connections between your venue, location or collections and the work of one of these artists. You can then pitch an exciting Museums at Night event idea involving your chosen artist to Culture24 through this simple online form: https://culture24.wufoo.com/forms/connect10-event-submission-form

Culture24 will select the two or three most interesting event ideas for each of the ten artists, and open them up to an online public vote to decide, for instance, whether Martin Parr will be sent to Manchester, Middlesbrough or Merthyr.

This will be a great audience development opportunity for venues to motivate their fans to bring an exciting artist to their town.

Each successful venue will also receive a £500 bursary for their event, while those venues that don't win an artist will still receive £100 to support an alternative Museums at Night event.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meet the artists, see examples of their work and discover their inspiration:

1) Claire Barclay, futuristic Scottish sculptor whose carefully balanced installations have been exhibited in Tate Britain and Edinburgh's Fruitmarket Gallery.

http://www.culture24.org.uk/places%20to%20go/museums%20at%20night/art372029

2) Bompas & Parr, the Jellymongers, create spectacular culinary experiences ranging from architectural jellies to lakes of cocktails.

http://www.culture24.org.uk/places%20to%20go/museums%20at%20night/art372038

3) Ryan Gander, provocative installation artist whose Artangel commission in a Hoxton warehouse provided clues for visitors to solve a mystery.

http://www.culture24.org.uk/places%20to%20go/museums%20at%20night/art372072

4) Jon McGregor, award-winning novelist and short story writer, author of If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things and Even The Dogs.

http://www.culture24.org.uk/places%20to%20go/museums%20at%20night/art372073

5) Polly Morgan, contemporary taxidermist whose poignant installations have been collected by Kate Moss.

http://www.culture24.org.uk/places%20to%20go/museums%20at%20night/art372074

6) Terry O'Neill, fashion and rock photographer renowned for iconic images of Hollywood and bands like the Beatles and the Rolling Stones.

http://www.culture24.org.uk/places%20to%20go/museums%20at%20night/art372075

7) Martin Parr, documentary photographer whose pictures tell stories of leisure, consumption and communication.

http://www.culture24.org.uk/places%20to%20go/museums%20at%20night/art372076

8) Simon Roberts, landscape photographer who spent a year crossing Russia and was Official Artist of the 2010 General Election.

http://www.culture24.org.uk/places%20to%20go/museums%20at%20night/art372077

9) Bob & Roberta Smith, sign-painter and installation artist who uses text on recycled signs and floorboards.

http://www.culture24.org.uk/places%20to%20go/museums%20at%20night/art372078

10) Susan Stockwell, creator of installations, drawings and films commenting on globalisation and colonisation, often using recycled materials.

http://www.culture24.org.uk/places%20to%20go/museums%20at%20night/art372082

Submit your Connect10 event idea here by Tuesday 31 January: https://culture24.wufoo.com/forms/connect10-event-submission-form <https://culture24.wufoo.com/forms/connect10-event-submission-form>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're not going to enter the Connect10 competition, but you're already planning your Museums at Night event, register it in Culture24's database by Friday 20th January to be included in our first big PR push into long lead magazines: http://wp.me/pIntG-kN

If you have any questions, please send me an email or give me a call - I'm here to help!

Kind regards,

Rosie Clarke

Marketing Coordinator, Culture24

Direct line: 01273 623336
Main office: 01273 623266
Follow: @MuseumsAtNight <http://twitter.com/MuseumsAtNight>

About: www.WeAreCulture24.org.uk <http://www.weareculture24.org.uk/>
Supporting the cultural sector to reach audiences online

Enjoy: www.culture24.org.uk <http://www.culture24.org.uk/>
Your arts & heritage guide online

Museums at Night: www.museumsatnight.org.uk <http://www.museumsatnight.org.uk/>
Annual festival of arts, culture & heritage 18th-20th May 2012

Culture24 is the official cultural data provider to the BBC

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg