Dear All

The SSAT CI Annual Chinese Conference is coming up very soon. The conference workshop strands will cover:

·         Leadership/New to China
·         The curriculum and accreditation for Chinese
·         Teaching ‘Speaking’ at Secondary Level
·         Teaching ‘Writing’ at Primary Level
·         Primary Chinese

Workshop speakers will be invited to speak by The Schools Network (SSAT) Confucius Institute team and this email is to ask anyone who would like to give a workshop to put forward a proposal by 17th February. This should be a short abstract (no more than 250 words). It should include working title, the subject matter, the format of the session (we welcome interactive sessions as well as talks followed by Q&A) and any other people involved in the presentation. The sessions are expected to last around 50 minutes. All proposals will be reviewed by a panel of colleagues to arrive at a final schedule for the day.

I should add that speakers selected will receive the normal payment of £250, a free place at the conference on the day of the workshop, plus standard class UK travel expenses.

Sponsorship and exhibition packages will also be available as in previous years. Workshops may be allocated to sponsors and exhibitors in line with the conference strands and subject to availability.

Please email [log in to unmask] with your proposals and any other queries you have about the conference.
If you have any other topics you would like to speak on or hear about at the conference, do let us have your ideas. The Chinese conference has always prided itself on flexibility and meeting the delegates’ needs!

We look forward to your help and to seeing you in May for what will be a lively and most productive event.

Best wishes
Katharine

Katharine Carruthers
SSAT Confucius Institute Director