We upgraded to Millennium Release 2011 on Monday and it went pretty
well.  The new version of Express Lane looks nice and works well.  And
it will be good to get listings of loans and renewing enabled on our 3M
self-issue machines.

Just a warning, though, to anyone using WebBridge.  We had been relying
at Durham on an undocumented base URL for WebBridge, and this has now
stopped working.

The manual gives the base URL for WebBridge as:

http://<your-catalogue-host-name>:4550/resserv

but we had been using the same URL without the ":4550":

http://<your-catalogue-host-name>/resserv

This has worked fine for many years, and allowed us to offer WebBridge
on a standard port which was unaffected by corporate firewalls (users in
local authorities and the NHS often have their web browsers blocked from
accessing anything on ports other than 80 and 443).

So we've had to quickly get some base URLs updated with our vendors.
Fortunately we have spent the last few months pointing most vendors at
http://openurl.ac.uk/ukfed:dur.ac.uk instead so we have not had to deal
with many vendors individually.

I'll be asking Innovative whether they could re-enable WebBridge on port
80, as it helps to avoid problems for our users.

Matthew

--
Matthew Phillips
Electronic Systems Librarian, Durham University