I'm thinking about upgrading to Millennium Release 2011 shortly.  There was a message from Maureen at Edge Hill a few weeks ago describing it as painless, which is good news.

I'd be interested in how long the downtime was during the commit phase.  On the IUG list there have been reports of it being only five minutes or half an hour, the problem being that in neither case did the respondent give an idea of how large their system was -- I don't know how large the typical mid-western county district library is!

Has anyone else in the UK moved to Release 2011 yet?  How did you find it?

There are a lot of changes to Express Lane, which we use at certain sites, so if anyone has any comments on this aspect I'd be very glad to hear.

Thanks,

--
Matthew Phillips
Electronic Systems Librarian, Durham University

---------------------

During the 2010 conference we asked Betsy for an enhancement in holds – to prevent a hold being placed if an item was available at the pick up library. Edge Hill was a beta site for 2011 upgrade and this is now in web options. We upgraded to  2011 10 days ago and it works! We are not sure when to implement it because originally we thought it would be available in September and it will not be not a popular change. But it is there for those who want it! The upgrade to 2011 was painless. If anyone has any questions, please ask

Maureen
Maureen Richardson
Electronic Resources  Manager
Information Resources