On 23/01/2012 08:16, "Andy Swiffin" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>If I remember right what Ian Young said at the TAG last week,  attribute
>push in SAML1 is not supported in the UK Federation.
>
>The question begs to be asked:   why do you want to use simplesamlphp for
>an IdP?   I could understand someone using the SP where they have a php
>application and they want to federate it without using the shib SP in
>Apache, but the IdP?

Just looking around... we're thinking of replacing our commercial local
IdP application with SimpleSAMLphp (because it's simpl, works, doesn't
have a massive dependancy list and we like it) and I was taking that
thought to its logical conclusion where we consolidate and also replace
our Shibboleth IdP (which is currently "protected" by our local IdP) too...

It was the older SAML1 type stuff I was worried about -- but I have no
idea how much of a problem that would actually be in the real world any
more... is there a simple way to tell how many assertions went out by the
"old" way?

Ta,
Matthew

--
Matthew Slowe <[log in to unmask]>      | Tel: +44 (0)1227 824265
Server Infrastructure Team, IS          | Fax: +44 (0)1227 824078