From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sylvina Tilbury
Sent: 13 January 2012 15:47
To: Winfield, Hugh
Subject: Re: Digital data from archaeological contractors

OK thanks Emma.

I'm getting the message that we're definitely swimming against the tide here, which helps explain some of the problems we are having. However when it works it really does work and some of our local contractors are being brilliant and supplying really good quality information that is a (relative) breeze to incorporate into the HER. We need to somehow get over the message that we are not asking for massive digital archives for the sake of it, but that there is a purpose for requesting the data in that form (ie they will have a reasonably up to date HER when they next come to do a search).

Thanks everyone. I shall keep working on them!