From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mike Shaw
Sent: 12 January 2012 12:32
To: Issues related to Historic Environment Records; Chris Wardle
Subject: Re: A question about qualifications

I agree entirely.  There are many ways into becoming an HER Officer, as there are many ways into becoming an archaeologist and people should be judged on their abilities, their experience and what they have demonstrated that they can do rather than trying to run a closed shop open only to people with a particular paper qualification.

Mike
(boring old degree in Ancient History and Archaeology I'm afraid!)

Mike Shaw
City Archaeologist
Wolverhampton City Council
Civic Centre
Wolverhampton
WV1 1RP
e-mail [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>