IGRS Graduate Forum: January Session
Thursday, 12 January 2012, 6:00-7:30 pm
Stewart House, ST 274

Theme: Spaces of Memory and Literature

Please come along to our first session of 2012, this coming Thursday, where we will be exploring spaces of memory and literature. We are delighted to announce our three speakers:

June Sau Leng Mong (IGRS):
The Performance of the Theory of Truth in Benjamin and Proust

Margit Dirscherl (QMUL):
The Perception of the City in Heinrich Heine's "Französische Zustände" and "Lutezia"

Nazli Nikjamal (QMUL):
Biculturalism of the German Iranian Writer "Said"

The three papers will lead us from Benjamin's Parisian shopping passages as a central image when remembering the past, to the city as a literary means in Heinrich Heine's works, and contemporary German-Iranian writing. We are looking forward to an inspiring discussion on distinct approaches to spaces in discourses of memory and literature.

Hope to see you there,

With best wishes,

The Graduate Forum Team

---
Arnhilt Johanna Hoefle
Institute of Germanic & Romance Studies (IGRS)
School of Advanced Study, University of London