Dear colleagues,

the deadline abstract submission for EGU General Assembly 2012 (Vienna, Austria) is about a week away  (Deadline: January 17th 2012).

That is why we would like to remind you and invite you to submit an abstract to the session:

TS3.2 - Salt and Evaporites – Tectonics, Mechanics and Rheology

Conveners: Frank Strozyk, Steffi Burchardt, Heijn van Gent and Janos L. Urai
(http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2012/session/9655

in the Tectonics and Structural Geology group.

We would also like to take this opportunity to inform you that we are very happy that Prof. Hemin Koyi (Uppsala University) will give an

invited lecture with the title:

 “Shear zones in salt with no relative movement of blocks”,

(pending final program). We hope you will be able to share the results of your work on salt tectonics in the same session.

 You can submit your abstract at the session page (http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2012/session/9655).
 Please find additional information on the EGU site (
http://meetings.copernicus.org/egu2012).

Looking forward to your contributions and hoping to see you in Vienna, with best regards,

Frank Strozyk, Steffi Burchardt, Heijn van Gent and Janos L. Urai

Dr Heijn van Gent

Geologie - Endogene Dynamik, RWTH Aachen

http://www.ged.rwth-aachen.de
facebook.com/ged.rwth
youtube.com/StrucGeology

Now at Shell Global Solutions, Rijswijk, the Netherlands