Apologies, the deadline is 15th Jan 2012.

From: Tectonics & structural geology discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mads Huuse
Sent: 04 January 2012 16:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Session on Fluids and Fluid Flow, EAGE Copenhagen 2012

Dear Colleagues

We are pleased to announce a special session at the upcoming EAGE Conference, 4-7 June 2012, in Copenhagen:

Session Title: “Fluids and Fluid Flow: Detection, Calibration and Mechanisms - Implications for Hydrocarbon Exploration, Development and Production”

Session Chairmen: Mads Huuse (University of Manchester) &  Pieter Van Rensbergen (Shell)

Session Overview: Seal bypass systems, mud volcanoes, sand injectites, gas hydrates and surface pockmarks and seeps are increasingly being recognised in hydrocarbon prospective areas. This session aims to highlight recent advances in the understanding of subsurface fluid flow relating to hydrocarbon systems and their safe exploration and production. We welcome case studies that provide examples of fluid flow and storage in the subsurface, shallow hazards, pressure and fluid calibrations using seismic and electro-magnetic imaging, borehole measurements and seep geochemistry.

The special sessions are not advertised online. Upon submitting your paper via the EAGE conference website (link below), please start your “summary” with the word “Dedicated”, followed by the session title for which the paper is intended (Fluids and Fluid Flow).

Submit abstracts (4 pages incl 2 pages text, 2 pages figs) here: http://eage.org/events/index.php?evp=6305&ActiveMenu=43&Opendivs=s3