On behalf of  Helmut Schaeben and David Mainprice conveners of this session
Dear Colleagues,

This email is to draw your attention to the International Geological Congress (IGC) in Brisbane, Australia, 5–10 August 2012 (http://www.34igc.org/), and in particular to the session 5.6.06 “Crystallographic Preferred Orientation and Anisotropy of Rocks”, which is convened by David Mainprice, Montpellier, France, and myself, Helmut Schaeben from Freiberg, Germany, as part of a Super-Symposium supported by the International Association for Mathematical Geosciences (IAMG), Commission for the Management and Application of Geoscience Information - International Union of Geological Sciences (CGI-IUGS), and GIC. We draw your attention to the CLOSE of ABSTRACT submissions on 17 February 2012.

As conveners of the session we would like to invite you to participate actively in this session with contributions covering a wide range of topics including

-       data collection by X-ray, neutron, synchrotron or electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD), for post-mortem or in situ study of experimental samples, as well as geological specimens,

-       data analysis (integral pole figure or spatially referenced individual orientation data) to compute orientation and misorientation density functions and their characteristics, calculation of anisotropic properties, grain reconstruction, to quantify fabric, phase transformation and metamorphic reactions

-       data interpretation in terms of deformation, recrystallization, anisotropic properties and their application to tectonics and geodynamics,

-       simulation of texture and fabric development.

Thus both methodological developments and case studies are solicited.

The important dates (http://www.34igc.org/important-dates.php) to note are:

17 February 2012 ABSTRACT submissions CLOSE.

30 March 2012 Formal notification to authors of the success or otherwise of their abstract submissions.

30 April 2012 Presenters of papers (oral and poster) accepted for the 34th IGC must pay for their registration for the congress by this date or be automatically deleted from the Congress Program.

30 April 2012 Close of Early Registration. The more expensive Standard Registration fee will automatically apply for all registrations received 1 May – 1 July 2012.

1 July 2012 Standard Registrations close. The more expensive Late Registration fee will apply to all registrations received after this date. An additional on-site processing fee will apply to all registrations received on or after 1 August 2012.

5 - 10 August 2012 34th International Geological Congress.

If you need any further information regarding the 34th IGC at anytime, please contact the Congress Managers.

CARILLON CONFERENCE MANAGEMENT PTY LIMITED

PO Box 177, Red Hill, Queensland 4059, Australia

T: 61 7 3368 2644

F: 61 7 3369 3731

E: [log in to unmask]

We will greatly appreciate if you forward this message to others who might be interested.

Looking forward to seeing you in Brisbane.

Best regards

Helmut Schaeben <[log in to unmask]>

David Mainprice <[log in to unmask]>

Début du message réexpédié :