The National Trust launched its online collection images just before Christmas. you can search by property or theme etc, well worth a look:

From great works of art by Gainsborough to the ordinary cotton underpants of a Midlands grocer, details of over 700,000 objects in our care are now online. Now anyone with an interest in historic objects or old curiosities can have virtual access to collections from over 200 historic properties, at www.nationaltrustcollections.org.uk

Pam.
Pamela Smith
Sited         www.sited.org.uk NOW LIVE
 Learning, heritage and greenspace consultancy
Balzac Botanical guides
Guerilla Botany

T:0121 458 5700    M:07708 248333

For careers and training in horticulture visit
www.growcareers.info

From: David Birks <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, 10 January 2012, 11:51
Subject: Re: good sources for images

Dear Jo,

Not sure whether it would fit your requirements, but I’ve used this US website for images (obviously with a US bent) many time - http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/.
 All B&W but quality is very good and they are large sizes and very extensive range.

Regards,
David Birks, BA, PGCE
Education Officer
Trowbridge Museum
Tel: (01225) 751 339
Fax: (01225) 754 608
Experience the Manchester of the West in the Museum in the Mall
Meet our Dickensian Father Christmas on Sat 10th and 17th and on Wed 21st ,Thurs 22nd and Friday 23rd December 11-12.30 and 1.30-3.00. Only £4.50 per child to see Father Christmas, get a present and have a photo taken by our Victorian photographer. Christmas trail, free craft activities and Dickensian Town trail too.
Part of Trowbridge Town Council
For details of what's on in and around the County Town, visit www.trowbridge.gov.uk