Hi,

>it seems as though the Bayesian implementation of probtrackx is most accurate

even though the text and Fig. 19.13 may suggest that, I would not generally say 'most accurate' in a strict biological sense. I would probably say >the constrained Bayesian approach was less prone to false-negatives than the streamlining algorithms examined, and it tends to be more specific than 'ordinary' bedpost/bedpostx<.
The reason is that pyramidal tract volumes tend to get overestimated by bedpost/probtrack(x) for the tracking between the handknob and the cerebral peduncle when no other waypoints/exclusion/termination masks are used. Furthermore, presumed tract (volume) symmetry between the hemispheres may be misleading in brain tumors with perifocal edema.
However, all this depends on how you do the tracking (e.g. you can increase the 'specificity' of your bedpost/probtrack(x) results by choosing anatomically sensible waypoints/exclusion/termination masks and other 'streamlining' algorithms may outperform the ones I specifically tested) and what you track (e.g. it may be different for other tracts which are crossed by more fibers such as the IFO or ILF) so the generalizablitity is somewhat limited.
hth,
Andreas