Melancholia! Interesting reworking of the idea of the disaster film.
:-)
Ali

From: Film-Philosophy [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Dirk Matthews [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 12 January 2012 14:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [FILM-PHILOSOPHY] Disaster Films Query

Happy New Year,

I am teaching a Disaster Film genre class this spring.  While the class is film-centric, I plan on referencing fine art, literature, and news coverage. Seeking recommendations for readings to assign students.  Suggestions from both philosophical, cultural and cinema studies are welcome.

And if you have a favorite disaster film to suggest, I have one film to add.

Thanks,
Dirk Matthews
Columbia College Chicago

-- Film-Philosophy After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For technical help email: [log in to unmask], not the list -- Film-Philosophy Journal: http://www.film-philosophy.com/ Film-Philosophy Conference: http://www.film-philosophy.com/conference/ Contact: [log in to unmask] --