Hello Janice

Apologies as I can't signpost you to the article you reference. However I would be very interested in your report/training session.

We work in the world of football and other sports (promoting equal access for sports fans) and promoting socially inclusive language across the 'sporting family' is an on-going challenge. To date, we have provided some basic guidance but I have personally found this an area that can open a can-of-worms. Many folk still use terms such as wheelchair-bound, 'the disabled' and handicapped as quick examples. Our works aim to promote a socially inclusive approach with barriers removed. I know that there are many views on this subject but I find outdated medical style language to usually be unhelpful when considering disabled people as equals and therefore something we are trying to change.

Please do let me know your finding and outcomes; that would be much appreciated in our better understanding of this area.

Many thanks
Joyce

Joyce Cook, OBE
Managing Director

CAFE - Centre for Access to Football in Europe
Total Football Total Access

www.cafefootball.eu
Registered Charity No. 1131339
PO Box 145, FLINT, CH6 9DH, UK

This email and its contents, together with any attachments, is confidential to the sender and the intended recipient(s).  If you receive this email in error please advise us by replying to the sender of this email. Please also delete and destroy this email, together with any attachments and any copies from your system immediately.

Any unauthorised storage, use, disclosure, copying, distribution or dissemination of this email or any part of it is strictly prohibited and may be illegal.

CAFE does not act in any legal capacity or as registered access consultants, and makes no representation and gives no warranty as to the accurateness or suitability of any advice contained within this email. The views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of CAFE.

CAFE makes no representation and gives no warranty as to absence of viruses in relation to this email or its attachments.  We recommend that you scan this email and attachments for viruses.